Five Los Alamitos High School student musicians were selected to play in the Southern California School Band & Orchestra Association honor ensembles which will perform at events at the end of January.
The five selected are:
- Julia Carpenter, junior – Violin II, High School Orchestra
- Lance Kaiser, senior – Trumpet III, Jazz, Ambassadors
- Santiago Lopez, sophomore – Tenor Sax II, Jazz Ambassadors
- Brennan Murray, sophomore – Drums, Jazz All-Stars
- Max Nguyen, freshman – Drums, Honor Jazz Band
Each year the Southern California School Band & Orchestra Association hosts these ensembles to bring together
The jazz students will perform on Friday, Jan. 25 at 7 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom B at the Orange County Hyatt Hotel. Julia and the orchestra will perform on Sunday, Jan. 27 in the Grand Ballroom at the Orange County Hyatt Hotel. Admission is free for both events. For more information, go to scsboa.org.