Officers of the Rossmoor Women’s Club, led by President Maggie Paul, spent a recent morning delivering donation checks to six local non-profits, including the following:
- The Youth Center, which provides social, educational and recreational programs for children and teens throughout the year.
- Casa Youth Shelter, which provides temporary shelter and counseling to runaways and other youth in crisis.
- Precious Life Shelter, which offers residential and supportive services for homeless women, before and after they give birth.
- We Care, which meets emergency needs of families and individuals by offering rental assistance, utility assistance, therapy services, food, personal care items and more.
- Isidore Historical Plaza, site of the oldest public building in Los Alamitos, a 1921 chapel that volunteers are restoring and running as a community center.
- The Los Alamitos Museum, which has been preserving and showcasing the history of Los Al since 1975.
The complete story is in the Event-NewsEnterprise.