Los Alamitos High School student rooters are at least $3,000 richer after being named one of the six finalists in the Varsity Brands 2020 School Spirit Awards.
Over $100,000 in total award money is up for grabs in the event which recognizes schools, organizations and individuals across 25 categories that go above and beyond the call of duty to build school pride, student engagement and community spirit.
The six final schools for the top award ($25,000) are:
- Clover Hill High School | Midlothian, VA
- Franklin Towne Charter High School | Philadelphia, PA
- Los Alamitos High School | Los Alamitos, CA
- Southeast Career Technical Academy | Las Vegas, NV
- Vestavia Hills High School | Vestavia Hills, AL
- Vista Murrieta High School | Vista Murrieta, CA
The Griffins are also nominated in the Game Day Exprience, and Spirit of St. Jude categories. Winners will be announced on May 9th at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.